February 24, 2010

14 Weeks


Had an appointment today that was absolutely amazing. This was the first time at our new practice, and the staff was great- the doctor we met with was very nice, and seems like she'll be very supportive of our plans for a natural, intervention-free birth.

We had our first ultrasound since 8 weeks, and it is AMAZING how much this baby has grown! It was moving all over, waving and kicking... We saw fingers and toes and the spine, and heard a strong heartbeat...

It's so crazy to think about the little life inside of me. It almost didn't seem real before, since I've been feeling so good (mostly- amazing how quickly I forget about the nausea and heartburn, but those only lasted a few weeks!) and I don't look pregnant- I've only gained 3 or 4 pounds, and don't have much of a belly yet.

I keep telling Chris we only have 26 more weekends before we become parents... and with his schedule, only 13 together! Makes it seem so much shorter. Good thing we plan to make the most of the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment